Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Surprise Visit in SL10B

 
By Gemma Cleanslate
 

Since the SL10B is still going on this week, I logged into the History site in Beguile sim to check on what was going on. If you have visited you know that the arrival point is the good old corral of the early days. To my surprise the corral was full!! Many avatars were sitting on the ground. 
 
As I surveyed the avatars, I saw that almost all were newbies. Thanks to Fran Gustav, a greeter and host,  I learned it was a university language class visiting Second Life for the first time. The instructor, Pionia Destiny, brought them to here as part of the class. I supplied her with some landmarks and information and tagged along. What fun! 
 
Their first stop was to the Welcome Center where they picked up all the goodies there and learned how to change their appearance. Then with some instructions, she set them free to roam. It was joy to watch. 
 
Remember the SL10B Community Celebration continues until the 29th of June. If you have not had time to see all the wonderful exhibits hurry! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL10B%20Beguile/253/145/22
 
Gemma Cleanslate 

No comments:

Post a Comment